AS Ambassadors YOU are the CHAMBER! As Ambassadors You are the FACE of the CHAMBER! As Ambassadors you are on the front lines of helping us fulfill our mission. Your mission is to serve as a goodwill/customer service arm of the chamber, assisting in functions for the chamber membership and promoting the chamber whenever appropriate. To work as a liaison for our members and the chamber ensuring that our membership is fully represented and that are receiving full value for their membership.
For over 100 years The Monroe Chamber of Commerce has worked diligently to fulfill a simple mission – “To create an environment where OUR local businesses THRIVE! If you look at the history and growth in Monroe you will see your Monroe Chamber right in the middle of it. This year Your Monroe Chamber is focused on 10 key strategic areas.
- Small Business
- Member Value
We believe that “Together we are stronger’ and together we can raise this community up.
All Ambassadors are asked & encouraged to attend as many of the scheduled events, which include:
Networking meetings, Chamber Luncheons, Business After Hours, Grand Openings, Ribbon Cuttings, Open Houses, Ground Breakings and special functions which the Ambassadors are specifically invited to attend.
The Monroe Chamber will send calendar invites for events and email reminders.
Ambassadors are asked to use both personal and/or professional social media platforms to promote the Chamber and our community when appropriate. The Monroe Chamber would also like to highlight you and your business in social media or traditional media. WE ARE PROUD OF YOU!
Ambassadors must be a Chamber member or employed by a Chamber member in good standing to retain membership in the Ambassadors Club. Members will be asked to register as an Ambassador.
Monthly Luncheons & Socials
The Ambassadors will meet the 1st Tuesday of the month at a chamber member restaurant. Speakers will include Volunteer leaders of the Chamber and community leaders.
- The Ambassadors are on call and available for grand openings, ribbon cuttings, open houses, ground-breakings, industry announcements, press conferences, rallies, etc. and other activities representing the chamber and the business community. When possible attend events and luncheons.
- Extend an invitation to prospective new businesses to join the chamber.
- Assist in our annual membership drive as requested by the Chamber. (Week of October 17th)
- Assist in Member engagement. Magazine delivery, surveys or Thank You / Retention visits.
- Promote yourself and your business. Encourage Shop Local, Eat Local and the idea that Chamber members do business with Chamber members.
The Executive Committee of the Ambassadors Club will be the Chairman, one or more Vice Chairman’s. The Chamber Employee who is the manager of the Ambassadors Club will also serve as an ex officio member of this Committee. Currently Meg Keene is the Ambassador Chairman with James Miles and Bob D’Avignon as Vice Chairs.
Awards / Celebration
There will be an awards celebration at the end of the year where the Ambassador of the year will be named and they will be recognized at our annual banquet. Additionally, there will be special awards given at our quarterly luncheons or socials.